A manometer is a device that is used to measure pressure. Traditionally, manometers used to rely on a hydrostatic balance of fluids to find the value of the pressure. However, with a huge advancement in technology, digital manometers work in a completely different way. The contemporary manometers are electronic manometers and are referred to as digital manometers. They use a pressure transducer to convert the observed pressure level into a characteristic value that would represent the magnitude of the pressure.
Digital manometers are a lot more convenient as compared to traditional ones. As a result, digital manometers have replaced their traditional counterparts. Discussed below are a few benefits of the updated version of manometers:
- PORTABLE: Digital manometers are lightweight and portable, therefore, they can be used to gauge pressure anywhere, while the old kinds could not be carried everywhere.
- FLEXIBLE: Unlike the older ones, they do not need the surface to be leveled in order to provide accurate results of pressure.
- PLC: For industrial use or certain analysis, they make things go easy and smooth as they are able to interface with computers and programmable logic controllers.
- REDUCES HUMAN ERROR: They feature displays and give numeric values that are easy to read and significantly removes the scope of error of human judgment.
- AUTOMATICALLY CORRECT DEVIATIONS: With the help of software programming, the digital manometers can themselves correct deviations from standard conditions, reducing the amount of human effort.
- MAINTAIN A RECORD: If required, the users can take advantage of the option to record all the observations for future reference and study.
- DIFFERENTIAL PRESSURE: It measures pressure variations across two points and gives the value of differential pressure which is used for weather forecasting and other purposes.
- WIDE USAGE: A digital manometer can be used for many more purposes than a traditional one. It can be used at homes to monitor different propane-driven appliances like barbeque grills. It can also detect faults in air ACs and gas leakage.
To make the most of your digital manometer, get a reliable one from MRU Instruments, who is a leading player in providing monitoring systems and devices for 30 years.